- You are between 18 and 26 years old
- You have at least 200 hours of childcare experience,
- including at least 150 hours outside of your own family
- You speak English
- You have an intermediate school leaving certificate (secondary school certificate, high school diploma, vocational diploma, completed training)
- You have a driver’s license and already have driving experience
- Your police clearance certificate is impeccable
- You are healthy and have never had psychological treatment
- You are not a citizen of the USA
There is no getting around these conditions. It is really important that you meet all of these requirements. Especially when it comes to your health, honesty is the be-all and end-all. Most of the childcare experience must have been outside of your family. If you’ve already looked after smaller siblings or cousins, that’s great, of course, but as a big sister or cousin you deal with children very differently than as a babysitter or carer in kindergarten. You can of course submit more than two mentoring references, as the more experience you have the better. Still, you should definitely have babysat outside of your family
You can find us at:
Become an Au Pair:
Click on the button below, register without obligation in our application portal and fill out the short application.
We will then contact you and discuss the next steps with you.