For many young women, the USA is the cheapest way to gain experience abroad and learn a language.
You can travel to the USA for an attractive program fee, which you only pay once a host family has confirmed your commitment. Nevertheless, there are still a few costs that will come to you. We list these for you below.
Once you arrive in the US, your host family will pay you weekly pocket money of $195.75. There are no costs to your family as you will have your own room and full board.
Our program fee is €550
General services included in the costs:
Accommodation and full board with an American host family
- Safety because there are precise rules and guidelines for the au pair program
- $195.75 spending money per week. From this you only pay for everything you do in your free time.
- Up to $500 for college courses
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Option to extend your stay by 12 months
- Flights to the United States
- Personal attention throughout the process
- Large selection of host families
- 2 Day Au Pair Workshop in San Francisco
- Flights and transfers to the Au Pair workshop and to your host family
- Coverage of the return flight costs – Attention! This does not apply if you terminate the program prematurely. Then you have to bear the return flight costs yourself.
Other costs not included in the program fees:
- Passport: €59
- International driver’s license: €15
- Police clearance certificate: €13
- Visa fee to be paid after completing additional online forms: approximately €155
- Your doctor may charge you a fee to fill out the medical certificate for your application
- Baggage costs, especially in the case of excess baggage
You apply to us without obligation. There are no hidden costs and no deposit that you have to pay to us.
You can find us at:
Become an Au Pair:
Click on the button below, register without obligation in our application portal and fill out the short application.
We will then contact you and discuss the next steps with you.